The Adoption Process
Thank you for choosing Texas Australian Labradoodles
as your multi-generational Australian Labradoodle breeder!
Brief overview of our Policy and Procedures:
- Texas Australian Labradoodles can only estimate when our moms will go into season. Heat cycles can be earlier or later than predicted (we do not keep our girls on hormones as this may be bad for puppies’ joints).
- Texas Australian Labradoodles can only estimate your puppy’s adult size based on past litters and the size of parents mated.
- Do not place a deposit for a puppy if you are not certain you want a puppy (all deposits and payments are non-refundable).
- Once a reservation is made, we will add your name to a certain litter, based on your preference.
- Waiting lists are filled in the order the deposits are received.
- Due to the popularity of our program, we may not be able to meet the high demand for our gorgeous puppies. If you do not bring a puppy home with your current litter, your name will be added to the top of the list of the next planned litter of your preferred parentage.
- Waiting list protocol:
- If we have a cancelation, your name may move up on the list.
- If we need to add someone to the list because they were unable to take a puppy home from one of our current litter, your name may move down on the list.
- Texas Australian Labradoodles reserves the right to hold any 2 puppies from any litter for our program.
- All puppies are allocated based on the results of the Temperament Test results.
- Temperament testing is conducted during the last week the puppies are in our home (testing cannot be conducted until puppies are 7 weeks old or the results are inaccurate). For this reason, we will not be able to let you know which puppy is yours until a day or two before pickup date.
- Puppy pickup is by appointment only.
- Please use a restroom before you arrive as at this time, we do not have one available for use.
- All puppies must be paid for in full 1 week before they are picked up.
- We do not allow our puppies to leave our home before they are 8 weeks of age. We use every day for training and socialization to ensure that they get the best start in life possible (it would also be unethical to place them early).
- All of our puppies are examined by our Veterinarian, Dr. Bell prior to leaving our home.
- Texas Australian Labradoodles is here to provide lifetime support. Please email, text, or call us if you have any questions.
1. Allergy-Friendly Puppies Are Born
Once your adoption application has been approved and we have received your initial deposit, your name is placed on the waiting list for the new Australian Labradoodle puppies. When the puppies are born, you will receive a “Litter Announcement” email. Pictures and videos including updates of the Australian Labradoodle puppies will be provided at regular intervals on our website. We will also be sending you additional periodic updates so that you could be part of the puppies’ growth and development.
2. Choosing Your Labradoodle Puppy
Our allergy-friendly Australian Labradoodle puppies are allocated between 7-8 weeks of age after the temperament testing is completed. Although we consider your requests, all allocations are done based on temperament and personality testing that cannot be conducted accurately until the puppies are 7 weeks old. This approach ensures that there is “no last puppy chosen” issue and that the puppies are placed in homes that best match their temperament, desired personal characteristics, and your lifestyle.
3. Puppy Progress Updates & Open House
Once we have matched your family’s requirements to a specific Australian Doodle puppy, we will send you information and pictures of the puppy. When the Australian Labradoodle puppies are 7 weeks old, we will hold an Open House where you can bring your family to meet and play with your new puppy. This is also when we meet in person. We will be available to asnwer any additional questiones that you may have.
Click Play Icon to Watch Video
4. Going Home
At 8 weeks old your Australian Doodle puppy will be ready to go home with you. We will be sending you a tentative schedule to choose a preferred day/time.
Along with your new Labradoodle puppy, you will receive a bag of puppy goodies, a sample bag of Life’s Abundance All Stages dog food, individual grooming instruction, puppy care instructions (emailed), samples of homemade puppy soap/shampoo from Newport Coast Soap Co. and homemade Woofrific Snack Treats and Training Treats that are made without preservatives or artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners from SugarBay Creations.
Please do not forget to bring your Puppy Contract as this is when it will be signed (we will be emailing you a copy of signed contract for your records).
**The balance for your puppy must clear at least 1 week before the puppy is picked up.**
Texas Australian Labradoodles recommend Snuggle Puppy Toy to assist with your puppy’s transition to your new home. The Snuggle Puppy Toy is made by Smart Pet Love and offers a “real-feel” pulsing heartbeat and heat source that mimic being part of a pack and works to ease loneliness, fear, and separation anxiety. It is also a great tool for crate training that makes your puppy feel less alone and decreases crying and whining. This means less complaining and improved sleep through the night…for you and your puppy!
Please let us know if you are interested in taking a Snuggle Puppy Toy with your puppy as we can offer it to you at a discount!
5. Boarding Services
Please let us know if you require additional boarding or basic Labradoodle puppy training. We offer these services for additional fee. Please contact us for details and pricing.
6. Transportation & Shipping
We prefer that you pick up your puppy in person however, we understand that this may not be an option for you. Therefore, we offer other transport options for your convenience:
We can drive your puppy and meet you half way (4-6 hrs one way). *Additional charges apply*
We can fly your puppy on our lap (NOT CARGO) via commercial airline to your location (you will be responsible for any costs related to a round-trip airfare for the person escorting your puppy and the in-cabin pet fee).
Also, we can use direct air shipping, which ranges from around $500.00 and up depending on the location, availability, and date reservations are made.
*Shipping charges are due before we ship your puppy to you and include air shipping crate, blanket, health certificate, USDA documents, destination charges, and delivery to airport, etc.