The Adoption Process
Thank you for choosing Texas Australian Labradoodles
as your multi-generational Australian Labradoodle breeder!
Labradoodle Adoption Terms and Conditions:
There may be times when Mother Nature does not cooperate with our Labradoodle adoption plans.
- Fewer Labradoodle puppies may be born than anticipated. You may wish to wait until the following litter for the pair or you may choose a Labradoodle puppy from a different litter (your name will be added to the waitlist in the order the deposits were received).
- We may not be able to access the originally planned stud. We may have to choose another stud dog for the breeding.
- We do not use heat-inducing agents and we cannot control the timing of our girls’ heat cycles (predictions are based on normal cycle intervals)
- Breeding may not result in pregnancy. In this case, you may wish to wait until the following litter for the pair or you may choose a Labradoodle puppy from a different litter (your name will be added to the waitlist in the order the deposits were received).
- Because our moms live together in a cohesive cohort, they all may go into heat at the same time, or start their cycle within weeks of each other
- Texas Australian Labradoodles can only estimate your Labradoodle puppy’s adult size based on past litters and the size of parents mated
- Our Labradoodle puppies are non-shedding, hypoallergenic dogs that have incredibly calm temperaments. Many of them go on to become service, therapy or emotional support dogs. This makes the wait time for our Labradoodle adoption 8-12 months.
- Do not place a deposit for a puppy if you are not certain about Labradoodle adoption or unwilling to wait all deposits and payments are non-refundable
- Once a reservation is made, we will add your name to your preferred litter
- Waiting lists are filled in the order the deposits are received
- We are willing to add your name to the waiting list for more than one litter. However, please keep in mind that once the Labradoodle puppies from the first litter are 3-4 weeks old, you will have to make a decision if you would like to remain with that litter or wait for the next litter you signed up for.
Waiting list protocol:
- If the “Breeder’s choice” spots remain unfilled, your name will move up on the waiting list.
- If we have a cancellation, your name may move up on the list.
- If we need to add someone to the list because they were unable to take a Labradoodle puppy home from one of our current litters, your name may move down on the list
- Texas Australian Labradoodles reserves the right to hold any 2 Labradoodle puppies from any litter for our program
- Although we ask that you let us know which are your top 3 preferences for a puppy, all puppies are allocated based on the results of the Temperament Testing results. We try to accommodate your preferences as much as possible
- Temperament testing is conducted during the last week the puppies are in our home (test results are inaccurate prior to 7 weeks). For this reason, we will not be able to let you know which Labradoodle puppy is yours until a day or two before pickup date
- Puppy pickup is by appointment only
- Please use a restroom before you arrive as at this time, we do not have one available for use
- All Labradoodle puppies must be paid for in full 1 week before they are picked up unless you’re making electronic transfer, then you can pay the balance at the puppy pickup
- We do not allow our puppies to leave our home before they are 8 weeks of age. We use every day for training and socialization to ensure that they get the best start in life possible (it would also be unethical to place them early).
- All of our puppies are examined by our Veterinarian, prior to leaving our home
- Texas Australian Labradoodles is here to provide lifetime support. Please email, text, or call us if you have any questions
1. Allergy-Friendly Puppies Are Born
Once your Labradoodle adoption application and your initial deposit have been received, your name is placed on the waiting list for the new Australian Labradoodle puppies. When the puppies are born, we will update the Upcoming Litters page with the date of the puppies’ birth and the litter picture. Once the puppies are one week old, you will receive a “Litter Birth Announcement” email. Pictures and videos including updates of the Australian Labradoodle puppies will be uploaded weekly on the Puppy Progress page as well as our social media, such as Facebook and Instagram.
2. Puppy Progress Updates
Each week, we will post updated Labradoodle puppy pictures on the Puppy Progress page. Each picture will be clearly marked for the week and you will be able to follow each puppy’s growth and development visually.
3. Choosing Your Labradoodle Puppy
Our allergy-friendly Australian Labradoodle puppies are allocated between 7-8 weeks of age after the temperament testing is completed. As the puppies mature, we will be sending you various information and resources to assist you with transitioning your puppy home and training. We will send you Puppy Grooming instructions, puppy care instructions, vaccination information, basic training made easy, and our Lifestyle Questionnaire. Please fill out the questionnaire and return it back to us. It will help with the matching process. We will ask you to provide us with your top 3 puppy choices. Although we consider your requests and preferences, all allocations are done based on temperament and personality testing that cannot be conducted accurately until the puppies are 7 weeks old. This approach ensures that there is “no last puppy chosen” issue and that the puppies are placed in homes that best match their temperament, desired personal characteristics, and your lifestyle. If you request something specific (gender, color, etc.) and there are a limited number of those, we will go by the order the deposits are made to complete the allocation process. For example, you would like a female but there is only one female and three families ahead of you want her as well, the puppy would go to the family that is at the top of the list and want a female puppy.
4. Going Home
Once the Australian Labradoodle puppies are born, we will send you an email letting you know the date and preferred time for your puppy pickup. Please let us know at your earliest convenience what is your preference so that we may reserve that date/time just for you. Each family will have approximately 30 minutes for last minute instructions and answers. Please remember, that you may call, text, or email us at any time after you take your puppy home as we provide a lifetime support.
Puppies are ready to go home with you when they are 8 weeks old. We will be sending you an email with last minute reminders and we will confirm your puppy pickup date/time. Along with your new Labradoodle puppy, you will receive a bag of puppy goodies, such as puppy Health Record, microchip registration information, a small bag of Life’s Abundance All Stages dog food to hold you over until your order comes in, a couple of NuVet vitamin wafers, a Snuggle Puppy toy or a puppy blanket with mom’s and littermates’ scent, chew toys/natural chews, comb/brush, and other puppy essentials.
We ask that you please bring the first page of your Puppy Contract to puppy pick up. Please have it signed and filled out with your information. We will take this page from you and we will add your puppy’s microchip information. We will email you the signed copy.
**If you’re using cash, Zelle, Venmo, or PayPal to pay the puppy balance, it can be done at the time of puppy pickup. If paying by a personal check, the balance for your puppy must clear at least 1 week before the puppy is picked up.**
Texas Australian Labradoodles recommend Snuggle Puppy Toy to assist with your puppy’s transition to your new home. The Snuggle Puppy toy will have mom’s and your puppy’s littermates’ scent and it is made by Smart Pet Love and offers a “real-feel” pulsing heartbeat and heat source that mimic being part of a pack and works to ease loneliness, fear, and separation anxiety. It is also a great tool for crate training that makes your Labradoodle puppy feel more comfortable and decreases crying and whining. This means less complaining and improved sleep through the night…for you and your puppy!
Please let us know at your earliest convenience if you are interested in taking a Snuggle Puppy toy with your puppy as we can offer it to you at a discount!
Click Play Icon to Watch Video
5. Boarding Services
Please let us know if you require additional boarding or basic Labradoodle puppy training (continuation of potty and crate training, sit, come, leave it/no etc.). We offer these services for an additional fee ($55/day or $370/week).
Please contact us as soon as possible to make the necessary arrangements.
6. Transportation & Shipping
We understand that picking your puppy up in person may not be an option for you so we will do the work for you. You don’t have to worry about the weather, road conditions or other factors. Our work is not done until we get your puppy safely to you!
For an additional fee, either Texas Australian Labradoodles or a nanny may bring your puppy to you. We can use direct air shipping, which ranges from around $500.00 and up depending on the location, availability, and date reservations are made. Shipping charges are due before we ship your puppy to you and include air shipping crate, blanket, health certificate, USDA documents, destination charges, and delivery to airport, etc.